Did a dangerous or defective product injure you or your child in Minneapolis, Minnesota? If so, you might be entitled to compensation for injuries and damages. Call our Minneapolis product liability lawyers at Hall Law Personal Injury Attorneys will help you get the compensation you deserve at (800) 292-1979.
Our top-rated Minnesota personal injury lawyers have represented injured victims for over 40 years. We focus solely on personal injury cases like Minneapolis wrongful death cases, catastrophic injuries, pedestrian accidents, Minneapolis workplace accidents, and more.
Our lawyers’ considerable experience has resulted in a track record of success, with millions of dollars recovered for our clients.
Contact our law firm to schedule a free consultation with one of our experienced product liability lawyers in Minneapolis, MN.
How Hall Law Personal Injury Attorneys Can Help You if You’ve Been Injured by a Defective Product in Minneapolis
Product liability law is a complex area of personal injury law. As a result, you’ll need leaders in the field to stand up for your rights.
Numerous legal organizations have recognized our Minneapolis personal injury attorneys at Hall Law Personal Injury Attorneys for their dedication to clients and exceptional legal services, including Expertise.com, The National Trial Lawyers, and Super Lawyers. Martindale-Hubble has given our lawyers their highest AV Preeminent rating as well.
Our founding attorney Mike Hall began his legal career in 1970. He leads a team of top-rated, award-winning personal injury attorneys at Hall Law Personal Injury Attorneys We are dedicated to fighting for your right to recover compensation for your physical injuries, financial losses, and other damages.
When you hire our Minneapolis personal injury law firm, you can expect us to:
- Provide sound legal advice, support, and guidance
- Complete a thorough investigation to determine how the defective product caused your injury
- Work with expert witnesses to obtain additional evidence proving the product was defective and caused you harm
- Identify all parties who could be liable for your claim
- Determine how much your product liability case is worth after we document all damages
- File an insurance claim and negotiate an insurance settlement
- File a lawsuit and proceed to trial, if necessary
Call now for a free case evaluation with a Minneapolis personal injury attorney. Let us handle your product liability claim while you focus on your recovery.
Overview of Minnesota Product Liability Law
Thousands of products are recalled every year. On average, 46,200 people die, and 40 million are injured yearly by defective products in the United States.
Minnesota product liability laws hold parties liable when a defective product injures someone. There are three types of product defects:
- Design defects occur when an inherent flaw in the product’s design makes it unreasonably dangerous to use.
- Manufacturing defects occur because of a mistake or problem during the manufacturing process that causes a product or a specific lot of a product to be dangerous to use.
- Failure to warn is a marketing defect that happens when a manufacturer fails to warn consumers of the dangers associated with using the product.
Manufacturers are obligated to design and manufacture products that do not contain defects that could create unreasonably dangerous risks for injury. Under Minnesota product liability law, you can make a claim for strict liability, negligence, and breach of implied warranty. The legal requirements for proving each of these cases varies.
Our Minneapolis Product Liability Lawyers Handle All Types of Defective Product Cases
We handle all types of product liability cases, including claims related to design defects, failure to warn allegations, and manufacturing defects. Product liability claims can even become intertwined with other types of claims, such as those related to car accidents or farm accidents.
Common defective products include, but are not limited to:
- Children’s toys and products
- Gun malfunctions and defects
- Hip and knee implants
- Medical devices
- Prescription drugs
- Over-the-counter medications
- Household appliances
- Tools and equipment
A manufacturer could voluntarily recall a defective product, or a government agency could issue a mandatory product recall. A person injured by a product should consult a Minneapolis product liability lawyer, regardless of whether the product was recalled.
Common Injuries Caused by Defective Products
Sadly, defective products cause traumatic injuries and wrongful deaths. Injuries caused by dangerous and defective products include, but are not limited to:
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Traumatic brain injury
- Broken bones and fractures
- Severe burns
- Amputation and loss of limbs
- Lacerations and abrasions
- Internal organ injury
- Spinal cord injury
- Choking injuries
- Neck and back injuries
If a dangerous product causes an injury, seek immediate medical treatment. Prompt medical care gives you the best chance of recovering fully from your injuries. However, it also helps your case.
You must prove that the product was defective and the defect caused your injuries. Therefore, your medical records are crucial evidence that links the defective product to your injuries.
Who Is Liable for a Defective Product Claim in Minneapolis?
One or more parties could be liable if a defective or dangerous product causes injuries. Potential parties that could be responsible for your damages include:
- The designer of the product
- Product manufacturers
- Distributors and wholesalers
- Testing facilities and labs
- Outside contractors and consultants
Determining the cause of a product defect and which parties are liable can be challenging. Expert witnesses help with this aspect of the case.
What Should I Do if I Am Injured by a Defective Product in Minneapolis?
The steps you take after an injury are important. When a product causes an injury, you should:
- Seek immediate medical attention for your injuries
- Preserve the defective product, including the packaging, purchase receipt, instructions, owner’s manuals, and parts
- Take photographs of your injuries
- Document your damages by keeping careful records of all expenses and costs
- Do not discuss your injuries or post pictures on social media
- Contact a Minneapolis product liability lawyer about a potential claim
Several government agencies accept reports of adverse events and injuries caused by defective products. However, statements you make when reporting the injury could hurt your personal injury case.
It is best to let an experienced Minneapolis personal injury lawyer report all claims to the appropriate government agencies. Likewise, you should not talk to the seller, manufacturer, or insurance company about the injury without legal advice. Allowing a lawyer to handle communications can avoid mistakes that could reduce the amount you receive for a product liability case.
What Types of Damages Are Included in a Minneapolis Product Liability Case?
You can seek reimbursement for economic damages if a product causes your injury. Economic damages represent the monetary losses caused by your injuries.
You can also demand compensation for your non-economic damages. These damages compensate you for the pain and suffering you experience because a defective product caused you harm.
The types of damages you could recover for a product liability case include:
- Medical bills
- Rehabilitation therapies
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Mental anguish
- Lost wages
- Impairments and disabilities
- Emotional distress
- Deceased earning capacity
- Out-of-pocket costs
- Disfigurement and scarring
- Property damage
- Diminished quality of life
Some cases could result in punitive damages. Juries award punitive damages when an at-fault party’s conduct demonstrates a deliberate disregard for the safety of others. Punitive damages are only awarded in a small number of cases.
How much your product liability case is worth depends on several factors. The extent of your injuries is a significant factor. Catastrophic injuries and permanent impairments can increase the value of damages.
However, if you are partially to blame for causing your injury, the amount you receive for damages could decrease. Minnesota contributory fault laws reduce compensation for damages by the percentage of fault assigned to the injured victim. However, if you are more than 51% to blame, you cannot receive any money for damages.
What Is the Statute of Limitations for Product Liability Cases in Minnesota?
A statute of limitations sets deadlines for filing claims and lawsuits. If you do not file your claim before the deadline, you lose your right to pursue a cause of action through the court. The Minnesota statute of limitations for product liability claims can depend on the type of claim being filed as well as the facts specific to the case.
Calculating the deadline to file a product liability claim can be complicated. Exceptions to the general rule could shorten or lengthen the time to file your claim. The best way to protect your rights is to seek legal advice as soon as possible after a product causes an injury.
How Much Does It Cost To Hire a Minneapolis Product Liability Attorney?
Don’t let the cost of hiring a product liability lawyer in Minneapolis prevent you from scheduling a free appointment with our office. At Hall Law Personal Injury Attorneys, we take product liability cases on a contingency fee.
We do not charge you any upfront money to hire our law firm. Instead, we accept a percentage of the amount we recover for your case as payment for our attorneys’ fees. Therefore, you do not pay any attorneys’ fees until we recover money for you.
Schedule a Free Consultation With Our Minneapolis Product Liability Lawyers
When you hire Hall Law Personal Injury Attorneys, we will use our considerable resources and experience to hold the parties who caused your injuries accountable for their actions. Contact our law office for a free case evaluation from a Minneapolis product liability attorney.
Our personal injury law firm in Minneapolis, MN, also provides:
- ATV Accident Lawyer in Minneapolis, MN
- Bicycle Accident Lawyers in Minneapolis, MN
- Boating Accident Attorneys in Minneapolis, MN
- Brain Injury Attorney in Minneapolis
- Car Accident Lawyer in Minneapolis, MN
- Catastrophic Accident Lawyers in Minneapolis, MN
- Child Injury Lawyer in Minneapolis, MN
- Construction Accident Attorney in Minneapolis, MN
- Dog Bite Attorneys in Minneapolis, MN
- Electrocution Injury Lawyer, Minneapolis, MN
- Elevator & Escalator Accident Lawyers in Minneapolis, MN
- Explosion Injury Attorney in Minneapolis, MN
- Farm Accident Lawyer in Minneapolis, MN
- Motorcycle Accident Attorney in Minneapolis, MN
- Nursing Home Abuse Lawyer in Minneapolis
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyers in Minneapolis, MN
- Snowmobile Accident Lawyers in Minneapolis, MN
- Truck Accident Lawyer in Minneapolis, MN
- Workplace Accident Lawyers in Minneapolis, MN
- Wrongful Death Lawyers in Minneapolis