Children are susceptible to serious, life-changing injuries. If your child has been injured in an accident in Minneapolis, Minnesota, call an experienced Minneapolis child injury lawyer at Hall Law Personal Injury Attorneys to help your family achieve maximum results at (800) 292-1979.
Since 1979, Hall Law Personal Injury Attorneys has provided top-tier legal representation to injured children and families in Minneapolis and throughout the Twin City metro area. Collectively, our award-winning Minnesota trial attorneys have over 80 years of experience and a proven ability to achieve top results.
Our clients have been awarded over $90 million in privately negotiated settlements and jury verdicts. We cover all kinds of personal injury matters like brain injuries, Minneapolis dog bite cases, catastrophic injuries, pedestrian accidents, and more.
Put your child’s case in the very best hands. We offer a free consultation, contact our law office in Minneapolis, MN, to benefit from our top-rated legal team.
How Hall Law Personal Injury Attorneys Can Help If Your Child is Injured in a Minneapolis, MN Accident
Chances are, you will have to deal with an insurance company after your child gets hurt. Despite their apparent sympathy, the insurer will not have your child’s best interests at heart. In fact, they’ll try to manipulate you during this incredibly difficult time and get you to accept a lowball offer (or walk away with nothing at all).
That’s where our Minneapolis personal injury lawyers can really help.
We’ve fought insurance companies, corporations, hospitals, and negligent parties in Minneapolis for the better part of four decades. Our law firm has earned a reputation for securing justice and earning top results for seriously injured children and families in the process.
When you turn to Hall Law Personal Injury Attorneys for help with your child’s case, we’ll fight for you as if you were our family. We’ll take on the burden of litigation so you can spend this time focusing on your child’s future.
Our team will implement tried-and-true strategies, including:
- Launching a thorough and independent investigation of your child’s accident
- Carefully reviewing evidence obtained through the discovery process, including medical records, accident reports, witness statements, expert testimony, answers to interrogatories, photographs, physical evidence from the scene of the accident, and more
- Preparing a detailed and persuasive legal claim for damages that forces the insurer and/or at-fault party to offer a meaningful settlement
- Representing your child at trial and fighting to secure a life-changing jury verdict
We know that your child’s future is at stake. We also know that your family might be in a financially tough situation right now. That’s why our child injury attorneys in Minneapolis will represent you on a contingency fee basis. Let us assume the risks associated with your case. We don’t get paid unless you do.
Call our law office in Minneapolis, MN, to set up a free consultation now.
What Are the Most Common Causes of Childhood Injuries?
Every year, thousands of children suffer avoidable injuries and wrongful deaths in accidents across the country. It’s estimated that one child is treated in an emergency room for accident-related injuries every 4 seconds. One child dies from an unintentional injury once an hour.
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the leading causes of childhood injuries include:
- Motor vehicle accidents
- Burns, and
However, it’s possible for a child to sustain an injury in almost any type of traumatic accident or event.
At Hall Law Personal Injury Attorneys, we handle all types of child injury cases, including:
- Car accidents
- Truck accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Swimming pool accidents
- Slip and fall accidents
- Dog bites
- Sexual abuse
- Dangerous toys and other defective products
- Medical malpractice
- Birth injury
- Sports injuries
- School and daycare accidents
- Institutional abuse
- Attractive nuisances
Benefit from our in-depth knowledge of Minnesota personal injury law and decades of experience handling delicate child injury cases like yours. Call our law office to set up a free initial case evaluation today.
We Represent Children Who Have Suffered Severe, Catastrophic Injuries
Children, teens, and young adults are still growing and developing. They’re also risk-takers who don’t always fully appreciate the potential consequences of their actions. In turn, they’re susceptible to injuries that have the potential to cause excruciating pain and change the course of their lives forever.
Common child injuries include:
- Broken bones and fractures
- Severe burns
- Cuts and lacerations
- Degloving injury
- Neck injury
- Back injury
- Spinal cord injury
- Sprains and strains
- Catastrophic injury
- Wrongful death
Make sure that your child gets to the closest hospital or emergency treatment center in Minneapolis as soon as possible after their accident. Then, don’t hesitate to contact our personal injury attorneys to discuss your potential legal options.
What Do I Have To Prove To Win a Child Injury Case in Minneapolis?
There are three potential grounds on which a child injury claim can be brought: negligence, strict liability, or intentionally harmful conduct.
- Negligence is the primary cause of action in most child injury cases. In these situations, you’ll have the burden of proving that the defendant owed your child a duty of care, breached it somehow, and caused your child to suffer injuries (and realize damages).
- Strict liability is typically used in situations where a child is injured because of an unreasonably dangerous or defective product. The manufacturer can be held legally responsible for your child’s injuries related to a design defect, manufacturing defect, or failure to warn.
- Intentional torts give injury victims the opportunity to take legal action against abusers and criminal assailants. In these cases, you must prove that the defendant intentionally tried to harm your child and, as a result, caused physical harm or emotional distress.
Regardless of the cause of action, you must prove your child injury case by a preponderance of the evidence. In other words, a jury or factfinder must believe that your case – as backed up by facts and evidence – is more likely true than not.
Our experienced child injury attorneys in Minneapolis have decades of experience building successful personal injury claims. Now we’re ready to fight for you and your child. Reach out to our law office to get started now.
How Much is My Child’s Injury Case Worth?
Many factors will impact the value of your child’s injury case, including:
- Your child’s age at the time of their accident
- Changes to your child’s life expectancy
- The specific type(s) of injury your child sustained
- Whether those injuries are catastrophic
- Out-of-pocket costs for medical treatment, rehabilitation, and other necessities
- Projected limitations on your child’s ability to work and earn an income in the future
The more your child’s life is changed, the more money you can generally expect to secure in a related claim for damages.
What Damages Are Available to Injured Children in Minneapolis, MN?
Potential damages in a child injury claim can include economic and non-economic damages for:
- Current medical bills
- Future medical treatment and related expenses
- Rehabilitation and therapy
- Medical devices and equipment
- Reduced earning capacity
- Lost future income and wages
- Nursing care
- Personal care assistance
- Funeral expenses
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Physical scarring
- Reduced quality of life
If your child injury lawsuit goes to trial, a jury might also determine that punitive damages should be awarded. In these situations, there must be a consensus that the defendant acted intentionally or acted with gross negligence.
Our child injury lawyers in Minneapolis will work hard to ensure that your child’s damages – both present and future – are valued properly. We’ll enlist the help of highly trained experts and specialists to help us boost our case. When it’s time to negotiate, we’ll aggressively pursue a top-dollar result to secure financial security for your child for years to come.
Can Shared Fault Reduce the Value of My Child’s Injury Case in Minnesota?
Potentially. Minnesota operates under a modified comparative negligence system with a 51 percent bar to recovery.
Under the law, damages in a personal injury claim can be prohibited when a plaintiff (victim) is more than 50 percent to blame for their injuries.
Damages in a civil claim are reduced proportionately when a victim shares some – but not most – of the blame.
However, the application of the modified comparative fault rule can vary in cases involving injured children. Courts have held that there’s a rebuttable presumption that a child’s negligence is not a contributing factor to their injuries.
In other words, it’s up to the defendant to prove that a child’s own negligence contributed to (or caused) them to get hurt.
Minnesota applies this rule because young children typically don’t always appreciate the potential consequences of their actions. For instance, a young child might approach a dog without hesitation, not knowing that the dog could be dangerous. Minnesota holds that the child’s inability to understand the potential danger shouldn’t compromise their ability to recover compensation.
So, it’s up to the defendant to prove that the child had the capacity to understand the potential dangers of their actions. If the defendant fails, the child’s contributory negligence will not be taken into account.
What’s the Statute of Limitations for Minnesota Child Injury Claims?
The deadline to file a Minnesota child injury lawsuit depends on various factors. These cases can be complex, and your unique situation will determine the statute of limitations for your case.
Don’t miss the deadline. Once the statute of limitations runs, your child will no longer be eligible to recover the compensation they need and deserve.
Certain types of cases have different deadlines, so it is best to get in touch with our law office to confirm the appropriate deadline for your situation.
Schedule a Free Consultation With an Experienced Minneapolis Child Injury Lawyer
Hall Law Personal Injury Attorneys is here to help your family stand up and demand justice for your child’s injuries after an accident in Minneapolis, MN.
Visit our Minneapolis office or call our Minneapolis child injury attorneys to discover the considerable benefits of working with our award-winning team.
We offer a free initial case evaluation, so contact us to schedule yours now.
Our personal injury law firm in Minneapolis, MN at Hennepin County, also provides:
- ATV Accident Lawyer in Minneapolis, MN
- Bicycle Accident Lawyers in Minneapolis, MN
- Boating Accident Attorneys in Minneapolis, MN
- Brain Injury Attorney in Minneapolis
- Car Accident Lawyer in Minneapolis, MN
- Catastrophic Accident Lawyers in Minneapolis, MN
- Construction Accident Attorney in Minneapolis, MN
- Dog Bite Attorneys in Minneapolis, MN
- Electrocution Injury Lawyer, Minneapolis, MN
- Elevator & Escalator Accident Lawyers in Minneapolis, MN
- Explosion Injury Attorney in Minneapolis, MN
- Farm Accident Lawyer in Minneapolis, MN
- Motorcycle Accident Attorney in Minneapolis, MN
- Nursing Home Abuse Lawyer in Minneapolis
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyers in Minneapolis, MN
- Product Liability Attorneys in Minneapolis, MN
- Snowmobile Accident Lawyers in Minneapolis, MN
- Truck Accident Lawyer in Minneapolis, MN
- Workplace Accident Lawyers in Minneapolis, MN
- Wrongful Death Lawyers in Minneapolis