Were you injured in a motorcycle accident in Minneapolis, Minnesota? An experienced Minneapolis motorcycle accident lawyer from Hall Law Personal Injury Attorneys is here to help you secure a fair result that fully compensates you for your damages. Call us to learn how to pursue your compensation at (800) 292-1979.
Since we opened our doors in 1979, we’ve received repeated recognition for our notable settlements and verdicts. We handle all types of injury matters like Minneapolis truck accidents, boating accidents, Minneapolis bicycle accidents, pedestrian accidents, and more.
We offer a free initial consultation to discuss your motorcycle accident. Contact us online to learn more about our legal services
How Our Minneapolis Personal Injury Lawyers Can Help After a Motorcycle Accident
A motorcycle accident can leave you with catastrophic injuries that require months or years to recover from – which will likely cause a significant strain on your finances. You shouldn’t have to deal with this burden alone if your collision was caused by another person.
An attorney at Hall Law Personal Injury Attorneys will handle every aspect of your claim so that you can focus on what’s important: your health and recovery. We’ll put our decades of experience behind your case to ensure that you recover the best possible outcome.
If you hire our Minneapolis personal injury attorneys for help with your motorcycle accident case, we’ll:
- Investigate the cause of the motorcycle crash and determine who shares legal responsibility for it
- Collect evidence proving every element of your claim, including causation, liability, and the actual value of your damages
- Consult expert witnesses, such as accident reconstructionists and medical specialists, to prove complex issues (if necessary)
- File a claim, engage in negotiations, and protect you against insurance companies that attempt to undervalue your losses
- Skillfully represent you in a Hennepin County court if we fail to obtain a fair settlement offer
Our personal injury team has fierce negotiators who know how to handle insurance adjusters to obtain favorable agreements. However, we’ll be prepared to take your case to trial if necessary. Contact our Minneapolis, MN law firm today for a free consultation to learn more about creating an attorney-client relationship.
How Common Are Motorcycle Accidents in Minnesota?
According to the Minnesota Department of Public Safety’s 2021 Crash Facts Report, 1,249 people were involved in statewide motorcycle accidents, and:
- 69 were killed
- 280 sustained serious injuries
- 500 sustained minor injuries
- 218 sustained possible injuries
This data paints a grim picture: over 85% of the motorcyclists involved in crashes were injured or killed in 2021. The DPS report notes that only 33% of the 69 motorcycle riders killed were wearing a helmet.
What Causes Most Motorcycle Crashes in Minneapolis, MN?
Motorcycle accidents are frequently caused by negligence, which could include things like:
- Distracted driving, such as glancing at a phone or talking to passengers
- Driving too fast for conditions or speeding
- Failing to properly check blind spots
- Failing to yield the right-of-way
- Failing to abide by traffic signals or lights
- Riding or driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Aggressive or reckless driving maneuvers
- Failing to follow Minnesota traffic laws
- Inexperienced riders or drivers
- Running off the road and hitting a fixed object
Other things, such as negligent pedestrians, defective auto parts, road defects, and poor weather conditions, can contribute to crashes. Our Minneapolis motorcycle accident attorneys will work to identify every party who may share liability for your damages.
How Much Is My Minneapolis Motorcycle Accident Claim Worth?
Without knowing the specifics of your motorcycle accident and injuries, it’s difficult to give a dollar figure. Every case presents a unique set of facts and circumstances.
The following factors could affect the value of your Minneapolis motorcycle accident case:
- The injuries you’ve sustained and their severity
- The ways your injuries impact your quality of life
- The medical costs you’ve incurred and anticipated future medical expenses
- The time you’ve missed from work and whether you can return to work in the same capacity
- The pain and suffering you’ve endured due to the motorcycle crash and resulting injuries
- Whether your injuries will cause permanent disability, impairment, or disfigurement
- The available insurance coverage and parties involved
- Whether you contributed to the cause of your motorcycle accident
- Whether you mitigated your damages
During your free case evaluation, we’ll discuss the motorcycle wreck and obtain more information regarding the aftermath. Then, we can give you a better idea of what to expect and help you value your damages as we build your case. To learn more about how much your Minneapolis personal injury case is worth click here.
What Damages Can I Recover After a Motorcycle Accident in Minneapolis, MN?
Minneapolis motorcyclists injured in accidents can pursue compensation for their economic and non-economic losses.
Economic damages often include:
- Medical expenses, such as ambulance bills, surgeries, and hospital services
- Future and ongoing healthcare needs, such as rehabilitative services and physical therapy
- Lost wages from missing work to deal with injuries
- Diminished earning potential if you cannot return to work in the same capacity as before the motorcycle accident
- Out-of-pocket expenses
Non-economic damages don’t have a definite monetary value and could include:
- Physical pain and suffering
- Loss of quality of life
- Permanent disability
- Scarring or disfigurement
- Emotional distress, such as PTSD or depression
Punitive damages may be awarded to punish a defendant if they deliberately disregarded your safety. However, these damages aren’t compensatory in nature and are more difficult to prove.
Common Injuries Sustained By Motorcycle Accident Victims
Motorcyclists lack the protection afforded by other types of vehicles, such as trucks and cars. Accordingly, riders tend to suffer more severe injuries in collisions because they don’t have a protective shell, airbags, or seat belts to protect them.
Some common motorcycle accident injuries include:
- Traumatic brain injuries (e.g., skull fractures and concussions)
- Lacerations and bruises
- Neck injuries (e.g., whiplash)
- Soft tissue injuries (e.g., sprains and strains)
- Broken bones
- Road rash
- Spinal cord injuries
- Nerve damage
- Internal organ injuries
- Knee injuries
- Foot injuries
- Injuries to the hands and fingers
- Facial injuries, including eye injuries
- Loss of limbs and amputations
- Other catastrophic injuries
Wearing protective gear, including a motorcycle helmet, eye protection, jacket, pants, gloves, and boots, can help prevent some of these injuries.
How Do I Prove Negligence After a Motorcycle Accident in Minnesota?
Negligence is the basis of most motorcycle accident cases in Minneapolis and throughout Minnesota.
This legal concept consists of four distinct elements, which must be proven by the plaintiff in a personal injury case:
- Duty of care: All motorists and people sharing Minnesota roads have a duty to act cautiously and with reasonable care to prevent causing harm to others.
- Breach of duty: If someone acted unreasonably under the circumstances and their actions caused a motorcycle accident, they likely breached their duty of care.
- Causation: The defendant’s breach of duty must have directly caused your motorcycle accident, leading to your injuries.
- Damages: You must have sustained damages due to the defendant’s actions.
Our motorcycle accident lawyers in Minneapolis will gather evidence proving each element of your case. Evidence could include:
- A police accident report
- Photos and videos of the motorcycle accident scene
- Physical evidence from the motorcycle crash
- Medical records
- Motorcycle helmet camera footage
- Eyewitness statements
- Expert witness testimony and opinions
- Employment records
- Cell phone records
Contact us today for help after your motorcycle accident. We’ll work diligently to successfully resolve your case so that you can move forward.
What If I’m Blamed for My Motorcycle Accident in Minneapolis?
The State of Minnesota operates under a modified comparative fault law and prevents claimants from recovering compensation if their fault exceeds 50%. As long as your fault is 50% or less, you can recover compensation after a motorcycle accident. However, your financial award will be reduced in proportion to your percentage of allocated blame.
For example, if you share 45% of the fault for causing the motorcycle accident, you can only recover 55% of your award. If you’re allocated 51% fault, you will receive nothing.
Insurance adjusters and opposing parties often use contributory negligence against accident victims to reduce their financial responsibility. However, their claims are often baseless, so it’s important to have an experienced lawyer protecting your right to fair compensation.
How Long Do I Have To File a Motorcycle Accident Lawsuit in Minnesota?
Under Minnesota law, you have limited time to file a personal injury lawsuit after a motorcycle accident. If you miss the applicable statutory deadline, you’ll lose your chance to hold the at-fault party accountable for your losses.
Contact a personal injury lawyer in Minneapolis as soon as possible to preserve your right to file a lawsuit.
Schedule a Free Consultation With Our Minneapolis Motorcycle Accident Lawyers
If you were injured in a motorcycle accident in Minneapolis, MN, contact Hall Law Personal Injury Attorneys for immediate assistance. We’re here to help you file a claim against the at-fault party, navigate the process, and secure the financial recovery you deserve.
We offer a free case assessment and work on a contingency fee basis, meaning there’s no risk in reaching out to discuss your motorcycle collision.
Minneapolis Physical Therapists
- OrthoRehab Specialists, Inc. – 825 Nicollet Mall #1935, Minneapolis, MN 55402
- Southpointe Physical Therapy Llc – 1305 E 24th St, Minneapolis, MN 55404
- Mayo Clinic Orthopedics and Sports Medicine – 600 Hennepin Ave Suite 310, Minneapolis, MN 55403, United States
- Midwest Physical Therapy, LLC – 2801 S Wayzata Blvd, Minneapolis, MN 55405
- PRO Therapy – Northeast – 2112 Broadway St NE Suite 195, Minneapolis, MN 55413
*Disclaimer – we do not endorse these companies or profit from having them listed on our website. These were some of the highest-rated auto repair shops on Yelp.