Accidents that cause serious injuries are usually preventable. They occur as a result of avoidable mistakes or errors in judgment, such as driving drunk. A serious injury could have a major effect on you and your family. If you suffered an injury in an accident in St. Cloud, Minnesota, the lawyers at Hill Law P.A. can help. Contact us today for a free consultation.
Why Choose Us?
- We have achieved record-setting results for our past clients, giving us a reputation as hard-hitting lawyers who do not back down from a fight.
- We prepare all personal injury cases through the lens of going to trial. This leads to more convincing arguments, more aggressive negotiations and higher awards for clients.
- We charge based on a contingency fee system, meaning at the end of the case, you will only pay our fees if we obtain a financial recovery on your behalf.
What Is a Personal Injury Claim &What Is Negligence?
- A personal injury claim describes an insurance claim, while a personal injury lawsuit is a case that goes to trial. The vast majority (90%-95%) of cases are injury insurance claims. They successfully settle between the injured party and the insurance claims adjuster without needing to go to court. The goal of a personal injury claim in Minnesota is to make someone injured by negligence whole again. The legal definition of negligence is made up of four main elements.
- A duty of care owed. A legal or ethical responsibility to ensure the safety of others based on the circumstances.
- A duty of care breached. An act or omission that makes the offending party (the defendant) fail to fulfill the duty of care.
- Causation for the accident. A provable link between the defendant’s wrongful act and the injured party’s (plaintiff’s) accident.
- Damages suffered. Real, compensable losses suffered by the plaintiff. These can include injuries, property damage, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
If you or your St. Cloud personal injury lawyer can provide enough evidence of these four elements, you will have a valid injury claim against a defendant in St. Cloud. The defendant will have to pay for your losses through Minnesota’s personal injury laws if you win your case. To bring a successful personal injury claim and recover the financial compensation needed to restore what was lost, you may need help from a lawyer.
Why Is Hiring a Personal Injury Lawyer Important?
An accident could give you life-changing injuries and losses. You may have to deal with medical bills, physical rehabilitation and lost wages for the rest of your life. If you settle for less than your claim is worth after trying to handle the claim yourself, you may not receive the money you need to pay for these lifelong expenses.
For this reason, hiring an experienced personal injury attorney is important. Your lawyer can deal with difficult and complicated legal processes to obtain maximum compensation on your behalf. Your St. Cloud persona injury lawyer can also help you gain access to the medical treatment you need. Hiring an attorney can make the entire legal process easier so you and your family can focus on recovery.
Our Practice Areas in St. Cloud
At Hill Law P.A., we handle a wide variety of practice areas within the umbrella of personal injury law. Our attorneys are dedicated to helping clients involved in all types of accidents in Minnesota. We handle all of the most common accident types.
- Automobile accidents
- Construction site accidents
- Coach abuse
- Distracted driving accidents
- Drunk driving accidents
- Hunting accidents
- Nursing home abuse
- Product liability claims
- Sexual abuse
- Snowmobile accidents
- Work-related injuries and illnesses
- Wrongful death
If you don’t see your accident on this list, do not assume we are not the right fit. Talk to our St. Cloud personal injury attorneys to discuss your specific type of case in detail. We have experience handling many different types of injuries and claims in Minnesota.
Contact Our St. Cloud Personal Injury Attorneys
If you have been injured in a preventable accident, our St. Cloud personal injury lawyers can help. We will review the facts of your case to let you know if you have all the necessary elements to bring a personal injury claim in Minnesota. If so, we can help you fight for maximum financial compensation. Call (800) 292-1979 or contact us online today for a free consultation.