Were you or a loved one injured riding your bike in Minneapolis, MN? You may be entitled to compensation for medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering. Call an experienced Minneapolis bicycle accident lawyer at Hall Law Personal Injury Attorneys, to help you recover fair compensation for your injuries at (800) 292-1979.
Our lawyers have over 40 years of experience protecting the rights of accident victims. We have the tools to help you overcome any legal challenges you might face in cases involving any injury matter like a Minneapolis motorcycle accident, truck accident, Minneapolis wrongful death case, or pedestrian accident.
If you were involved in a bicycle accident do not hesitate to reach out for legal advice to our law offices in Minneapolis, Minnesota, to schedule a free consultation today.
Why Should I Hire Hall Law Personal Injury Attorneys to Help With My Bicycle Accident Claim in Minneapolis?
There is no such thing as a “minor” bicycle accident. Car accidents involving bicyclists almost always result in serious injuries. These injuries can create intense financial pressure–at a time when you’re unable to work and struggling with medical bills.
Hall Law Personal Injury Attorneys is an award-winning law firm. Our Minneapolis personal injury lawyers have earned an AV-Preeminent rating from Martindale-Hubbell. We were also named Attorney of the Year for 2021 by Minnesota Lawyer, and we’ve been recognized by Super Lawyers.
Hiring our experienced team can improve your chances of recovering full compensation because we can:
- Conduct a comprehensive investigation into the accident
- Retain top-rated specialists to prove causation
- Accurately assess your case value
- Protect you from any allegations that you share blame for the crash
- Handle all insurance negotiations and paperwork on your behalf
Insurance companies tend to take victims more seriously when they have an experienced lawyer by their side. To learn more about our Minneapolis personal injury attorneys, you can contact our lawyers for a free consultation today.
How Common Are Bicycle Accidents in Minneapolis?
According to the Minnesota Office of Traffic Safety, approximately eight bicyclists are killed in motor vehicle accidents each year. In 2021, at least 463 bicyclists sustained injuries in crashes statewide.
About 71% of all car accidents involving bicycles occurred in urban areas like Minneapolis. Of course, the vast majority of all cycling accidents occur in the summer months. However, in 2021, there were bicycle accidents reported during each month of the year in Minnesota.
How Much Compensation Can I Recover for My Bicycle Accident Injuries?
Bike accident injuries tend to be among the most severe types of injuries. That makes it much more important to recover fair compensation and deal with the financial costs you’ll face during recovery. To recover fair compensation, you first have to know how much your case is worth.
The value of your personal injury case will depend on the facts and circumstances. Injuries that impact your life in dramatic ways tend to result in higher settlements and verdicts. If your injuries are serious, your case is probably worth more than cases involving minor injuries.
Some factors carry greater weight than others.
When our lawyers are evaluating the value of your personal injury claim, we will consider:
- The type of injuries you have suffered
- Whether you are expected to make a full recovery or suffer a long-term disability
- The cost of your medical treatment
- How the injury impacts your ability to work
- The wages you lose if you cannot work during recovery
- How the injury impacts your quality of life and emotional wellbeing
- The evidence that is available to prove your case
Our lawyers in Minneapolis can provide a more accurate answer during a free consultation. Just give us a call to schedule your free initial consultation today.
What Types of Damages Are Available to Bicycle Accident Victims in Minneapolis?
There are two common types of compensatory damages that are available in personal injury cases. Economic damages compensate for your financial losses. Non-economic damages compensate victims for personal or emotional losses.
Punitive damages are rare. Courts only award punitive damages when the defendant’s behavior is intentional or relatively shocking. While compensatory damages compensate victims for identifiable losses, punitive damages are only meant to punish the responsible party.
Some examples of economic damages include:
- Past and future medical expenses
- Lost wages
- Reduced earning potential
- Physical therapy
- Nursing care
- In-home assistance
- Property damage
Your non-economic damages award may include compensation for:
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Diminished quality of life
- Physical disfigurement and scarring
- Anxiety or PTSD
- Loss of consortium
It isn’t always easy to convert your non-economic losses into a dollar value. Our Minneapolis bicycle accident attorneys will work with experts when we calculate your case value. To learn more about how we can use our resources to your advantage, contact our law firm for a free case review.
What Happens to My Compensation Award If I’m Being Blamed for a Bicycle Accident in Minnesota?
Minnesota has adopted modified comparative negligence rules.
You may be entitled to compensation if you share some blame for a bicycle crash. However, your percentage of fault must be less than the party you are suing for damages. In other words, if you were mostly responsible for the accident, you cannot recover damages.
Minnesota Cyclists Often Suffer Debilitating Injuries in Bicycle Accidents
The force of being hit by a car or truck can lead to serious injuries. When you also hit the pavement, your injuries can become much worse. Our experienced attorneys know that bicycle accident injuries can change your life in dramatic ways. We’re here to fight for every dollar you deserve.
At Hall Law Personal Injury Attorneys, our team often represents injured clients who have sustained:
- Crushing injuries
- Internal organ damage
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs)
- Broken bones
- Nerve injuries
- Shoulder and knee injuries
- Soft tissue damage
- Spinal cord injuries
- Head and neck injuries
- Back injuries
- Burns and road rash
- Catastrophic injuries
- Wrongful death of a loved one
You may be entitled to compensation even if you were not wearing a helmet. To learn more about your legal options, contact our experienced lawyers to learn more about how we can fight for every dollar you deserve.
What Are the Leading Causes of Most Bicycle Accidents in Minneapolis, Minnesota?
Bicycle safety is critical. Most bicycle accidents occur because someone was careless. According to the Minnesota Department of Transportation, most bike accidents occur when the cyclist is crossing traffic or riding with traffic.
Some of the most common causes of bicycle accidents in Minneapolis include:
- Distracted driving or distracted cyclists
- Failure to yield the right-of-way to cyclists
- Ignoring traffic signals and other traffic violations
- Aggressive driving
- Lack of dedicated bike lanes and infrastructure
- Dangerous turns
- Driver fatigue
- Drunk driving
- Failure to check the vehicle’s blind spots
- Driving under the influence of drugs
- Hazardous road conditions
- Congested traffic conditions
Drivers have a duty to share the road with bicyclists in Minneapolis. When they don’t, it can be disastrous for the cyclist. Our lawyers are here to help you determine what caused your accident. Contact our team to schedule your free consultation today.
How Do I Prove I Deserve Compensation for My Bicycle Accident Injuries in Minnesota?
Most bicycle accidents are based on a legal concept called negligence. Someone is negligent when someone fails to exercise the caution that a reasonable person would use under the circumstances.
There are four primary elements that must be proven to establish negligence:
- The at-fault party owed you a legal duty of care
- A breach of duty occurred
- The breach caused your accident
- You suffered some type of harm, or damages, because of the crash
As the victim, you must prove each element by a “preponderance of the evidence.” That means you must prove that it’s more likely than not that each element is true.
Many different types of evidence can be useful in proving your case, including:
- Police reports
- Drug or alcohol testing results
- Video surveillance footage
- Eyewitness statements
- Photos of the crash scene
- Opinions of accident reconstruction specialists
Our lawyers will independently investigate the circumstances of your crash to gather evidence. We know what it takes to prove negligence, so give us a call to let us start fighting for you.
What Is the Statute of Limitations for Filing a Bicycle Accident Lawsuit in Minnesota?
Bicycle accident victims in Minnesota have limited time to file a personal injury lawsuit. The statute of limitations starts to run on the date of the accident (or death) and is a strict deadline. Once the deadline passes, you cannot sue the responsible party for damages.
The statute of limitations for your bicycle accident case will depend on various factors and circumstances.
We always recommend contacting an attorney as soon as possible after an accident. That way, we can determine the applicable deadline and build the strongest case possible.
Contact a Minneapolis Bicycle Accident Lawyer for a Free Consultation
Has a bicycle accident in Minneapolis left you struggling with serious injuries? An experienced Minneapolis bicycle accident lawyer at Hall Law Personal Injury Attorneys can help you fight for the maximum compensation available. Contact our legal team for your free consultation today.
Our personal injury law firm in Minneapolis, MN, also provides:
- ATV Accident Lawyer in Minneapolis, MN
- Boating Accident Attorneys in Minneapolis, MN
- Brain Injury Attorney in Minneapolis
- Car Accident Lawyer in Minneapolis, MN
- Catastrophic Accident Lawyers in Minneapolis, MN
- Child Injury Lawyer in Minneapolis, MN
- Construction Accident Attorney in Minneapolis, MN
- Dog Bite Attorneys in Minneapolis, MN
- Electrocution Injury Lawyer, Minneapolis, MN
- Elevator & Escalator Accident Lawyers in Minneapolis, MN
- Explosion Injury Attorney in Minneapolis, MN
- Farm Accident Lawyer in Minneapolis, MN
- Motorcycle Accident Attorney in Minneapolis, MN
- Nursing Home Abuse Lawyer in Minneapolis
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyers in Minneapolis, MN
- Product Liability Attorneys in Minneapolis, MN
- Sexual Abuse Attorneys in Minneapolis, MN
- Snowmobile Accident Lawyers in Minneapolis, MN
- Truck Accident Lawyer in Minneapolis, MN
- Workplace Accident Lawyers in Minneapolis, MN
- Wrongful Death Lawyers in Minneapolis