Construction site accidents in Minneapolis, Minnesota, can cause catastrophic injuries and wrongful deaths for workers. It is crucial that you hire an experienced Minneapolis construction accident lawyer if you are hurt on a construction site. Our lawyers at Hall Law Personal Injury Lawyers have substantial experience handling these types of personal injury cases. Call us at (800) 292-1979.
Our law firm has recovered millions in record-setting settlements and verdicts for our clients involved in cases like workplace accidents, wrongful death cases, catastrophic injuries, Minneapolis electrocution injuries, and more.
Contact our Minneapolis law office to schedule a free consultation to discuss your case with a Minnesota construction accident attorney. Our legal team includes state leaders in personal injury law.
How Hall Law Personal Injury Attorneys Can Help You With Your Construction Accident Case in Minneapolis
Construction accidents often occur because of dangerous working conditions, faulty equipment, and negligence. As a result, one or more parties could be liable for damages an injured worker incurs because of a construction site accident.
Because you could be entitled to workers’ compensation benefits and personal injury damages, we encourage you to seek legal counsel immediately after an injury on a construction site. Determining the cause and establishing liability for a construction injury helps you receive maximum compensation for your injuries.
Our Minneapolis personal injury attorneys at Hall Law Personal Injury Attorneys help you recover compensation through a construction accident personal injury claim. We also help you with a workers’ comp claim.
Our award-winning legal team has an AV Preeminent Rating, which is the highest rating given by Martindale Hubbell. In addition, leading legal organizations have recognized our lawyers and law firm, including Expertise.com, The National Trial Lawyers Top 100, the American Society of Legal Advocates, and Super Lawyers.
When you hire our top-rated Minneapolis personal injury attorneys, we can:
- Investigate how your construction injury occurred and gather evidence
- Review all legal options for recovering damages caused by a construction accident
- File workers’ compensation claims and third-party personal injury claims on your behalf
- Work with your physicians and medical specialists to determine the extent and severity of your injuries
- Document your damages to maximize the value of your claim
- Help you locate physicians and specialists for assessments and second opinions
- Defend you against allegations of blame and fault for causing your injury
- Fight to obtain the total value of your damages through a settlement or by taking your case to trial
Hundreds of thousands of construction workers become accident victims each year in the United States. If you were injured while working a construction job, Hall Law Personal Injury Attorneys wants to help. Call or visit our law office to schedule a free case evaluation with a construction accident lawyer in Minneapolis, Minnesota.
Common Causes of Construction Accidents in Minneapolis, MN
Construction accidents happen for many reasons. The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) lists the top four causes of construction accidents as follows:
- Slips, trips, and falls
- Struck by a moving or fixed object
- Electrocutions and electrical injuries
- Being caught in or between trenches or excavations
Other common causes of Minneapolis construction site accidents include, but are not limited to:
- Negligent or reckless driving
- Failing to communicate effectively with co-workers
- Using defective equipment or damaged tools
- Improperly installed scaffolding or ladders
- Falling debris or materials
- Violations of state or OSHA safety regulations
- Failing to use personal fall protection systems
- Hazardous property conditions
- Being exposed to toxic or hazardous chemicals and substances
- Failing to train employees in safety procedures and enforce safety protocols
Our lawyers conduct a thorough investigation into the cause of your construction injury. Identifying all factors that contributed to the cause of your injury helps ensure that we pursue all parties responsible for your damages.
Hall Law Personal Injury Attorneys Handles All Types of Construction Accident Cases
Our Minneapolis construction accident attorneys handle all types of injury claims in this area of the law. Examples of cases we handle include, but are not limited to:
- Ladder and scaffolding accidents
- Welding accidents
- Building collapse
- Slip and fall accidents
- Excavating and trenching accidents
- Electric shock and electrocutions
- Fires and explosions
- Exposure to hazardous materials
- Accidents involving forklifts, cranes, and heavy machinery
- Nail gun accidents
- Injuries caused by defective construction tools or equipment
- Motor vehicle accidents
- Falls from high levels
When you file a workers’ compensation claim, you do not need to prove negligence or other wrongful conduct to receive benefits. Workers’ compensation is a no-fault system, so you can receive benefits even if you are partially to blame for causing your construction injury. If you intentionally caused your injury or were under the influence, however, your workers’ comp claim could be denied.
If you file a personal injury claim for a construction injury, you must prove that the third party caused your injuries. The legal elements of a negligence claim are a duty of care, breach of duty, causation, and damages. We take care of gathering evidence and building a case if your injuries were caused by the negligence or intentional acts of a third party.
Common Injuries Caused by Construction Accidents in Minneapolis
Construction workers can sustain numerous injuries on a construction site. Construction injuries can cause life-threatening conditions, permanent disabilities, and wrongful death.
Common construction site injuries include:
- Broken bones and fractures
- Soft tissue injuries
- Hearing loss
- Severe burns
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Eye injuries
- Nerve damage
- Spinal cord injuries
- Back injuries
- Crushing injuries
- Loss of limbs and amputations
- Neck injuries
Immediate medical treatment is essential after a construction accident. Delays in medical care could hurt your workers’ comp and personal injury claims.
How Much Is My Minneapolis Construction Accident Case Worth?
The amount you receive for a Minneapolis construction accident case depends on the circumstances and facts of your case. In part, it depends on whether you have a personal injury claim in addition to a workers’ comp claim.
Some factors that impact the value of your claim include, but are not limited to:
- The type of injuries you sustained
- The severity of the injuries and whether they cause permanent impairment
- Your ability to return to work or perform any activity to earn income
- The duration of your recovery and the types of medical treatment you received
- Whether you could be partially to blame for causing your construction injury
- The strength of the evidence proving fault
- The amount of your economic damages
Our Minneapolis construction injury lawyers work to maximize the money you receive for a claim. We pursue every source of income for your case.
What Damages Can I Receive for a Construction Accident in Minneapolis, MN?
The types of damages you receive depend on the type of case you file. Workers’ compensation benefits are limited. However, damages in a third-party claim could be impacted by allegations of contributory fault.
Minnesota Workers’ Compensation Benefits for a Minneapolis Construction Accident
Most workers are covered by workers’ compensation insurance coverage. If you are hurt on a construction site, you could receive the following:
- Wage loss benefits based on two-thirds of your average weekly wages before the accident
- Medical benefits to pay for necessary and reasonable medical treatment
- Vocational rehabilitation benefits to help you get back to work
You are not compensated for all lost wages if you receive workers’ comp benefits for wage loss. Instead, you receive a portion of the lost wages. Your wage loss benefits are also subject to the state’s maximum and minimum compensation rates.
Workers’ compensation does not compensate injured construction workers for their pain and suffering and other damages. However, you could receive these damages and more if you have a third-party claim.
Damages for a Construction Accident Personal Injury Claim in Minneapolis
A third-party personal injury claim for a construction accident can be filed in addition to a workers’ comp claim. The money you could receive includes reimbursement for economic damages and compensation for non-economic damages.
The types of damages in a construction accident personal injury case include:
- All loss of income, including past and future lost wages and decreases in earning capacity
- Medical bills and expenses related to your treatment and care
- Emotional distress and mental anguish
- Diminished quality of life and loss of enjoyment of life
- Out-of-pocket expenses
- Rehabilitation therapy
- Long-term personal and/or nursing care
- Physical pain and suffering
- Impairment, disability, scarring, and disfigurement
Contributory fault laws apply in personal injury claims for construction injuries. Therefore, if you are partially to blame for causing your injury, your damages could be reduced by your level of fault. However, you are barred from receiving any money if you are more than 51% at fault.
What Is the Deadline for Filing a Construction Accident Claim in Minnesota?
If you are injured on a construction site, report the injury immediately to your employer. Failing to promptly report work injuries and accidents could result in losing your right to workers’ comp benefits.
Minnesota’s statute of limitations applies when you file a third-party personal injury claim. This can be a complicated deadline to determine because it depends on various factors. Therefore, you should call Hall Law Personal Injury Attorneys to talk to a lawyer as soon as possible.
Schedule a Free Consultation With Our Minneapolis Construction Accident Lawyers
You are not alone. Our legal team at Hall Law Personal Injury Attorneys is here to help you get the compensation you deserve while you continue to recover from a traumatic construction injury. We handle all aspects of your case for you to reduce your stress level and give you more time to heal.
Visit our Minneapolis office or call Contact our law firm to schedule your free case review with a Minneapolis construction accident attorney.
Our personal injury law firm in Minneapolis, MN at Hennepin County, also provides:
- ATV Accident Lawyer in Minneapolis, MN
- Bicycle Accident Lawyers in Minneapolis, MN
- Boating Accident Attorneys in Minneapolis, MN
- Brain Injury Attorney in Minneapolis
- Car Accident Lawyer in Minneapolis, MN
- Catastrophic Accident Lawyers in Minneapolis, MN
- Child Injury Lawyer in Minneapolis, MN
- Dog Bite Attorneys in Minneapolis, MN
- Electrocution Injury Lawyer, Minneapolis, MN
- Elevator & Escalator Accident Lawyers in Minneapolis, MN
- Explosion Injury Attorney in Minneapolis, MN
- Farm Accident Lawyer in Minneapolis, MN
- Motorcycle Accident Attorney in Minneapolis, MN
- Nursing Home Abuse Lawyer in Minneapolis
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyers in Minneapolis, MN
- Product Liability Attorneys in Minneapolis, MN
- Snowmobile Accident Lawyers in Minneapolis, MN
- Truck Accident Lawyer in Minneapolis, MN
- Workplace Accident Lawyers in Minneapolis, MN
- Wrongful Death Lawyers in Minneapolis