Were you injured in a truck accident in Edina, Minnesota? Did the truck driver or another party cause it? Call an Edina truck accident lawyer at Hall Law Personal Injury Attorneys to seek the maximum financial recovery possible at (952) 697-5560.
Our law firm has been standing up for injured victims throughout Minnesota since 1979. In that time, we’ve secured tens of millions of dollars in settlements and verdicts for our clients in cases like Edina motorcycle accidents, wrongful death, Edina bicycle accidents, catastrophic injuries, brain injuries, and more.
Contact our law office for a free consultation to learn more about our legal services and how we can help after a truck crash in Edina, MN.
How Our Personal Injury Lawyers Can Help After a Truck Accident in Edina, MN
Truck accidents frequently cause the most severe injuries not to truckers but to occupants of passenger vehicles. Large commercial trucks can weigh in excess of 80,000 pounds, meaning they can cause substantial damage when they collide with smaller vehicles.
Seeking compensation for catastrophic injuries is often challenging. The more money you pursue, the more insurance companies will fight your claim and attempt to limit their financial obligation. That’s why it’s crucial to retain an experienced Edina personal injury lawyer for help.
The legal team at Hall Law Personal Injury Attorneys knows how to handle insurance adjusters and protect the rights of accident victims. We know the tactics insurers use to undervalue and invalidate claims – and we aggressively push back to fight for fair compensation.
If you hire our Edina personal injury attorneys for help with your truck accident case, we’ll:
- Investigate the truck crash and identify the liable parties
- Use our knowledge of personal injury law and state and federal trucking regulations to build a strong case
- Gather evidence and enlist the help of leading trucking industry experts and accident reconstruction specialists if necessary
- Negotiate for a favorable out-of-court settlement
- Represent you at trial if we fail to reach a fair agreement
If you want to learn more about creating an attorney-client relationship and how we can maximize your compensation, contact us for a free initial consultation.
How Common Are Truck Accidents in Minnesota?
The Minnesota Department of Public Safety reported 4,120 statewide truck accidents in 2021. Those accidents included:
- Single trucks with two axles and six tires
- Single trucks with three or more axles
- Trucks with trailers
- Truck tractors without trailers
- Semi-truck with two and three trailers
Out of the 4,120 Minnesota truck crashes:
- 72 people were killed
- 1,248 people were injured
That means over 32% of people involved in truck collisions sustained either an injury or fatality. Most injuries or fatalities were caused by crashes with other vehicles. Rollovers or overturned vehicles were the second-leading cause of injuries and deaths.
What Causes Most Truck Accidents in Edina, Minnesota?
Minnesota commercial truck drivers must carry a commercial driver’s license (CDL), pass knowledge tests, and adhere to state and federal trucking regulations. However, even with these measures in place, accidents can happen – and they’re typically caused by driver error or negligence.
Some common causes of truck wrecks in Edina include:
- Distracted driving by truckers and other motorists
- Fatigued truck drivers due to hours of service violations
- Illegal or improper lane changes
- Failure to yield the right of way
- Improper or wide turns
- Unevenly loaded cargo
- Overloaded trailers
- Driving under the influence of alcohol or a controlled substance
- Failure to use turn signals
- Disobeying traffic signs and lights
- Failure to check one’s blind spot or driving in a truck’s blind spot
- Road rage and aggressive driving
- Inexperienced truckers
- Failure to properly maintain or inspect the truck, trailer, or cargo
- Failure to follow traffic laws
Negligence isn’t the only cause of truck accidents. For example, mechanical or equipment failure or defects could contribute to collisions, or unexpected inclement weather could arise. No matter the cause, we’ll identify what happened and who’s liable for your damages.
Types of Truck Accidents
Truck accidents can be complicated. The Edina truck accident attorneys at Hall Law Personal Injury Attorneys handle all types of claims, including those involving:
- Rollover accidents
- Jackknife accidents
- Falling cargo
- Lost load accidents
- Oversized load accidents
- Tire blowouts
- Equipment failure
- Rear-end collisions
- Head-on collisions
- T-bone accidents
- Intersection accidents
- Highway crashes
Any type of collision with a big rig can result in catastrophic injuries. You don’t have to handle your legal fight alone. Contact us to get the help you need.
What Is My Edina Truck Accident Case Worth?
The value of your semi-truck accident claim will depend on many things, as all cases present different facts, victims, truckers, and injuries.
The following factors may affect how much your Edina truck accident case is worth:
- The severity of your injuries and the medical expenses you’ve incurred
- Whether your injuries cause permanent impairment, disability, or disfigurement
- Your future healthcare needs, such as physical therapy
- The time you missed from work and whether you can return to your job in the same capacity
- Whether you contributed to the cause of the truck accident
- The emotional trauma you’ve endured
- The available commercial insurance policies and limits
The more severe your injuries and stronger your evidence, the more your case will be worth. We’ll gather the evidence needed and ensure that you secure the maximum amount possible.
Who Could Be Liable for My Semi-Truck Accident in Edina?
Truckers are often employees of large trucking companies. A company can be vicariously liable for its employee’s actions if they were acting within the scope of their employment when the truck crash occurred.
Some potential defendants in a truck accident case include:
- Truck drivers
- Other motorists, pedestrians, or bicyclists
- Trucking companies
- Cargo loading companies
- Leasing companies
- Maintenance companies
- Manufacturers of defective truck parts (e.g., brakes, tires, hydraulics, etc.)
- Government agencies
Tractor-trailer accident claims can involve multiple defendants. Our truck accident attorneys in Edina will identify everyone who could share liability for your injuries.
Common Truck Accident Injuries
Truck accident injuries can be minor or life-altering, depending on the severity of the crash and the victims involved.
Some potential injuries people can sustain in a big rig accident include:
- Lacerations, contusions, and bruises
- Head trauma, including traumatic brain injuries
- Neck injuries
- Back injuries
- Fractured and broken bones
- Internal organ damage and injuries
- Crushing injuries
- Spinal cord damage
- Nerve damage
- Soft tissue injuries
It’s important to seek medical attention immediately after a truck accident to protect your health and your ability to recover compensation in a personal injury claim. You need a medical record to establish that the crash caused your injuries and to prove that you mitigated your damages.
What Compensation Is Available To Truck Accident Victims in Minnesota?
Minnesota truck accident victims can recover compensation for their monetary losses (economic damages) and personal, more challenging-to-value losses (non-economic damages).
Economic damages in a truck accident claim might include:
- Medical expenses you’ve incurred, such as ER, hospitalization, doctor’s visits, etc.
- Future medical costs, such as rehabilitation, pain management, therapy, etc.
- Lost wages and job-related benefits
- Diminished earning potential
- Out-of-pocket expenses
- Property damage
Non-economic damages sustained due to a truck accident could include:
- Physical pain and suffering
- Permanent disability or impairment
- Loss of companionship and support
- Reduced quality of life
- Emotional distress
- Scarring or disfigurement
Our truck accident lawyers in Edina will help you identify and value your damages and include them in your demand for compensation.
What If I’m Blamed for a Minnesota Truck Accident?
You can receive compensation in an Edina truck accident as long as your share of fault is 50% or less. Once your level of negligence exceeds 50%, you’ll be barred from filing a claim under Minnesota’s modified comparative fault statute.
If you were 50% or less to blame for the truck accident, you’ll be entitled to compensation, but it will be reduced proportionately. For example, assume you’re allocated 45% fault for causing a truck collision. You can only recover 55% of your awarded compensation. If your assigned fault had been 51%, you’d be entitled to nothing.
Insurance companies frequently use contributory negligence allegations to fight claims and reduce their liability – even if they don’t have evidence to back up their claims. We’ll fight to protect you from these and other tactics designed to undervalue and deny valid personal injury cases.
How Long Do I Have To File a Personal Injury Lawsuit After a Truck Accident in Minnesota?
Minnesota truck accident victims have limited time to take legal action due to the state’s statute of limitations. The deadline that applies to your truck accident case depends on various factors. For example, you’ll have a different deadline if the claim is based on negligence than if strict liability applies (for example, in the event of a truck defect).
Don’t miss the statute of limitations for your Edina truck accident case. Otherwise, you’ll lose the right to file a claim against the at-fault party. Contact us today to learn more.
Schedule a Free Consultation With Our Edina Truck Accident Lawyers
If you were injured in a truck accident in Edina, MN, you deserve compensation for your medical expenses and other losses. A compassionate legal advocate at Hall Law Personal Injury Attorneys will help you pursue the best possible financial recovery.
Our Edina truck accident lawyers work on a contingency fee basis, meaning you won’t owe us anything unless we win your case. We also offer a free case assessment, so there’s no risk in reaching out to see if we can help. Call today to schedule an appointment and learn more about our legal services and practice areas.
Local Emergency Rooms
- Emergency Department – M Health Fairview Southdale Hospital – 6401 France Ave S, Edina, MN 55435
- Methodist Hospital Emergency Center – 6500 Excelsior Blvd, St Louis Park, MN 55426
- Abbott Northwestern Hospital Emergency Department – 800 E 28th St, Minneapolis, MN 55407
- Hennepin Healthcare Emergency Department – 730 S 8th St, Minneapolis, MN 55415
- Hennepin County Medical Center Emergency Room – 900 S 8th St, Minneapolis, MN 55415
*Disclaimer – we do not endorse these companies or profit from having them listed on our website. These were some of the highest-rated auto repair shops on Yelp.
Our personal injury law firm in Edina, MN, also provides:
- Car Accident Lawyers in Edina, MN
- Catastrophic Attorney in Edina
- Child Injury Lawyer in Edina
- Bicycle Accident Lawyer in Edina
- Brain Injury Attorney in Edina, MN
- Dog Bite Lawyers in Edina
- Motorcycle Lawyer in Edina, MN
- Nursing Home Abuse Lawyers in Edina
- Sexual Abuse Lawyers in Edina
- Wrongful Death Lawyer in Edina, MN