At Hall Law Personal Injury Attorneys, we understand the devastating consequences of distracted driving accidents. Our team of Edina distracted driving accident lawyers has over 80 years of combined experience in representing victims of such accidents.
We can help you get the compensation you deserve to recover from physical, emotional, and financial injuries. So far, we’ve recovered more than $90 million in compensation for our clients.
How Can Hall Law Personal Injury Attorneys Help After a Distracted Driving Accident in Edina?
Our Edina car accident lawyers have been named Top 100 Trial Lawyers by The National Trial Lawyers and Attorney of the Year by Minnesota Lawyer.
We help clients maximize settlements and trial verdicts with:
- Investigation: We collect and review key evidence, including accident reports, photographs, medical records, and witness statements, to establish negligence in your case.
- Medical Collaboration: We work with medical professionals to understand the extent of your injuries and future medical needs.
- Negotiation: We liaise with insurance companies to negotiate fair settlements. Our goal is to get you the compensation you deserve.
- Representation in Court: We advocate for your rights in court if a settlement cannot be reached.
- No Hourly Fees: We operate on a contingency fee. You pay nothing in attorney’s fees unless we secure a settlement or trial verdict in your favor.
Our firm is passionate about providing victims with compassionate legal representation. Since 1979, our personal injury lawyers have been effectively standing up for the rights of injured victims in the State of Minnesota.
How Common Are Distracted Driving Accidents in Edina, MN?
Distracted driving has become a leading cause of accidents in the United States. With the use of smartphones and other electronics, distracted driving incidents have increased. Edina, too, has seen a significant number of accidents attributed to distractions behind the wheel. Between 2016 and 2020, more than 39,000 crashes in Minnesota were distracted driving-related, according to the Office of Traffic Safety.
What Is My Distracted Driving Accident Case Worth in Edina, MN?
Understanding the value of a distracted driving accident case is important for victims. The financial implications of an accident can be overwhelming. However, the value of each case in Edina can differ significantly based on several factors.
Lawyers, judges, and juries must consider each factor when a case goes to trial. Special attention will be paid to:
- Severity of Injuries: The nature and severity of the injuries play a significant role in case value. Catastrophic injuries can dramatically increase the claim’s value compared to minor injuries. Examples include brain or spinal cord injuries.
- Medical Expenses: Current and future medical costs make up case value. This includes the cost of surgeries and medications. It also includes physical therapy or long-term care. Together, medical costs often make up a substantial part of your claim.
- Lost Wages: Injuries may keep you from work. If injuries kept you from work or diminished your future earning capacity, those losses will be considered in your case’s value.
- Pain and Suffering: Injuries have emotional impacts. Compensation can be sought for the emotional and psychological distress caused by the accident. Serious accidents will cause greater emotional and psychological distress.
Our Edina, MN, distracted driving accident lawyers have decades of combined experience. We will help you determine the value of your distracted driving accident.
What Kind of Damages for Distracted Driving Accidents in Edina, MN?
You may be entitled to both economic and non-economic damages when a distracted driver causes your injuries.
“Damages” are the legal term for monetary compensation awarded for your loss or injury. Common damages include:
- Medical Expenses: This covers all the medical bills incurred from the accident. It includes immediate treatment, hospital stays, surgeries, and future accident-related expenses.
- Lost Wages: Distracted driving accidents often force victims to miss work. Compensation can be claimed for lost income or diminished earning capacity.
- Pain and Suffering: This compensation recognizes the emotional toll of your accident. It offers compensation for anxiety, depression, and decreased quality of life.
- Property Damage: Accidents often result in damage to vehicles or personal belongings. Victims can claim the repair or replacement costs.
- Loss of Companionship: The most severe distracted driving accidents cause fatalities. In these cases, surviving family members can seek compensation for the emotional pain of losing a loved one.
- Punitive Damages: These damages may be available to punish the responsible party for reckless or malicious behavior. They also deter similar acts.
Our team will determine the damages available in your case. Since Minnesota is a “no-fault” state for car accidents, you can only file a claim against the driver responsible for your crash under certain circumstances.
Can I Recover Compensation if I’m Being Blamed for a Distracted Driving Accident in Edina, MN?
Minnesota follows a “modified comparative negligence” law. This means that if you are partly to blame for the accident, you may still recover compensation, so long as you were not more than 50 percent responsible.
However, your compensation will be reduced based on the percentage of fault attributed to you. If a judge or jury determines that you were more than 50 percent at fault, you will not be entitled to compensation.
Our Edina distracted driving accident lawyers can work to minimize your fault and increase your compensation as much as possible.
Contact Our Experienced Edina Distracted Driving Accident Lawyers for Help
We understand the serious impact of a distracted driving accident. If you or a loved one has been injured in a distracted driving crash, schedule a free consultation today. Our Edina distracted driving accident attorneys will evaluate your case, plan the next steps, and get you on the road to recovery.