If you’ve slipped and fallen in St. Cloud, Minnesota, you may have the right to hold the owner of the premises financially accountable for the costs of your medical bills, lost earnings, and other damages. The experienced St. Cloud slip and fall accident attorneys at Hall Law Personal Injury Attorneys are ready to get the maximum financial payout you deserve. Call us at (320) 255-1000 today for legal help.
Since 1979, our law firm has been a passionate and effective advocate for fall victims and devastated families in St. Cloud, MN. Combined, our award-winning Minnesota trial attorneys have 80+ years of experience and a proven ability to secure top results in tough premises liability matters.
Now we’re ready to help you fight for every cent you deserve, too. Contact our law office in St. Cloud to learn more about how our top-rated team can help you get through these difficult days. We offer a free consultation, so reach out to schedule yours today.
How Our St. Cloud Personal Injury Lawyers Can Help After a Slip, Trip, or Fall Accident
Slip and fall accidents shouldn’t happen. When they do, it’s usually due to the fact that the owner of the premises allowed dangerous conditions to exist. In these situations, the property owner can be held financially responsible for resulting injuries and deaths.
However, expect the property owner to fight back aggressively when you accuse them of negligence. They’ll invest considerable resources into disputing your claim and preventing you from recovering the financial award you deserve.
You can set the stage for a successful outcome by turning to our experienced St. Cloud personal injury lawyers for help with your slip and fall claim.
We have a proven ability to take on powerful businesses, corporations, insurance providers, and property owners in St. Cloud and secure life-changing results for our clients.
When you choose Hall Law Personal Injury Attorneys, you can trust us to:
- Carefully investigate the details of your slip and fall
- Identify the hazards that contributed to your accident and determine whether or not the owner knew or should have known about it
- Gather evidence related to your case, including medical records, accident reports, health and safety code violations, surveillance footage, photographs of the scene and resulting injuries, and witness statements
- Enlist the expertise of qualified specialists and professionals
- Represent you during communications with the property owner or their insurance company
- Prepare a compelling legal claim that forces the defendant to engage in meaningful negotiations and extend a reasonable settlement
- Explain the potential benefits and drawbacks of accepting any settlement offers you may receive
- Have an award-winning Minnesota trial attorney bring your case to a jury, if necessary
When you choose Hall Law Personal Injury Attorneys, you put a team of top-rated legal advocates in your corner. You also pay nothing out of pocket because we work on contingency. We do not get paid unless we collect compensation for your slip and fall accident case.
Give us a call or connect with us online in St. Cloud to learn more and set up a time for your free initial case evaluation.
Slips and Falls Can Happen Anywhere in St. Cloud, MN
At Hall Law Personal Injury Attorneys, we’re here to advocate for you after any slip and fall accident in St. Cloud, Minnesota.
For decades, our team has represented clients who suffered injuries in slips, trips, and falls at, in, or on St. Cloud:
- Retail stores
- Grocery stores
- Warehouse stores like Costco and Sam’s Club
- Home improvement stores like Home Depot and Lowes
- Hospitals and medical complexes
- Nursing homes
- Schools and daycare centers
- Amusement parks
- Parks and playgrounds
- Parking lots
- Parking garages
- Office buildings
- Construction sites
- Government buildings
- Sporting complexes
Experience handling these types of cases matters. At Hall Law Personal Injury Attorneys, our experience can make a world of difference in how your claim unfolds. Call us for help with your slip and fall injury claim today.
What Do I Have To Prove To Win a Slip and Fall Lawsuit in St. Cloud?
Slip and fall lawsuits are a matter of premises liability. Under Minnesota premises liability laws, property owners have a duty to protect invited guests from reasonably foreseeable harm. When an owner is negligent in the upkeep of their premises, they can be held financially responsible for resulting damages.
So, when you file a slip and fall lawsuit, your primary objective will be to prove that the owner of the premises was negligent.
This will include proving:
- The premises in question were owned and/or operated by the defendant
- You were lawfully on the premises with the owner’s implied or express consent
- A dangerous condition or hazard existed on the premises
- The owner had actual or constructive knowledge of this hazard
- The owner breached the duty of care owed you by not taking prompt action to fix the hazard or warn you about it
- The owner’s inaction was the direct and proximate cause of your slip and fall accident, and
- You’ve suffered damages.
In other words, you would not have slipped and fallen if the owner had been more prudent in inspecting and maintaining the premises in a safe condition.
What Are the Leading Causes of Slip and Fall Accidents in St. Cloud?
Slips and falls usually happen because of hidden or concealed hazards.
- Broken stairs
- Broken railings or missing guard rails
- Uneven floor surfaces
- Unsecured rugs or carpeting
- Broken floorboards
- Slick or slippery surfaces
- Spills and puddles
- Buildup of ice or snow
- Debris and garbage
- Unsecured electrical wires or cables
- Poor lighting
As long as a hazard is not open and obvious, you should have a legitimate opportunity to recover compensation from the owner.
Common Slip and Fall Accident Injuries in St. Cloud, MN
There are two main ways people get hurt in fall accidents in St. Cloud: by slipping and tripping.
While the terms are often used interchangeably, these types of accidents are distinct and typically result in different kinds of injuries.
In a slip and fall, a slick or unsecured floor surface causes your feet to slide forward and out from under your body. As a result, your torso and upper body fall backward.
Resulting injuries tend to include:
- Head injury
- Brain injury
- Back injury
- Sprains and strains
- Neck injury
- Spinal cord injury
- Bruising and other soft tissue damage
In a trip and fall, an object or obstruction causes your feet or foot to come to a complete stop. Momentum carries your upper body forward.
Common trip and fall injuries include:
- Broken bones, often to the hands and arms
- Joint injuries involving the knees and ankles
- Traumatic brain injury
- Dental injury
- Eye injury
- Cuts and lacerations
- Chest injury
- Eye injury
In serious cases, it is also possible to suffer lost limbs, severe burns, and other catastrophic injuries when you slip and fall or trip and fall.
What Damages Can I Get If I’ve Slipped and Fallen on Someone Else’s Property in St. Cloud?
Following a slip and fall accident in St. Cloud, you can potentially recover monetary damages through an insurance claim or lawsuit.
Our slip and fall accident attorneys in St. Cloud can help you seek money for:
- Present and future medical expenses
- Diminished earning capacity
- Lost wages
- Nursing care
- Funeral expenses if a slip and fall in St. Cloud is fatal
- Out-of-pocket expenses
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Loss of consortium
The owner will work hard to minimize your injuries and downplay your slip and fall. Hall Law Personal Injury Attorneys will be there to fight them at every turn. We will not rest until we’ve helped you secure the best outcome in your slip and fall injury case.
How Can I Protect Myself From Victim-Blaming Tactics?
The owner (or their insurance provider) might try to say that you’re responsible for slipping and falling. They might argue that the hazard was open and obvious or that your own negligence contributed to the accident.
In these situations, it’s important to fight back and defend yourself. Since Minnesota has a modified comparative fault system with a 51 percent bar to recovery, victim-blaming tactics could stand between you and a meaningful financial recovery.
Under state law, your damages will be reduced based on your share of fault – up to 51 percent. Once your liability exceeds 50 percent, you will no longer have the right to recover damages from a negligent owner.
You can protect yourself by putting an experienced and successful premises liability attorney in your corner. Hall Law Personal Injury Attorneys has decades of experience helping victims of slips and falls pursue and recover life-changing monetary awards. We will be prepared to counter claims of shared fault and fight to minimize how much (if any) blame you’re assigned.
What’s the Statute of Limitations for Minnesota Slip and Fall Lawsuits?
Minnesota’s statute of limitations sets the deadlines for filing lawsuits. If you file your lawsuit too late, you’ll lose your legal right to pursue compensation from the at-fault party.
As the statute of limitations for personal injury cases can be difficult to determine, it is best to confirm the deadline for your circumstances with an experienced attorney. Call today for trusted legal advice and help.
Schedule a Free Consultation With a Trusted St. Cloud Slip and Fall Accident Lawyer Today
Call Hall Law Personal Injury Attorneys if you’ve recently suffered injuries in a slip and fall accident in St. Cloud, Minnesota. You could be entitled to compensation, and our St. Cloud slip and fall accident lawyers are ready to help you maximize your recovery.
Benefit from an award-winning team of litigators with 80+ years of experience and a proven ability to get top results.
Call our law office in St. Cloud to begin with a free consultation. We’re always here to help.
Our personal injury law firm in St. Cloud, MN, also provides:
- Bicycle Accident Attorneys in St. Cloud, MN
- Boating Accident Lawyers in St. Cloud, MN
- Brain Injury Attorney in St. Cloud
- Car Accident Lawyer in St. Cloud, MN
- Catastrophic Injury Lawyers in St. Cloud, MN
- Child Injury Attorney in St. Cloud, MN
- Dog Bite Lawyers in St. Cloud, MN
- Motorcycle Accident Lawyer in St. Cloud
- Nursing Home Abuse Attorneys in St. Cloud, MN
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyers in St. Cloud, MN
- Sexual Abuse Lawyers in St. Cloud, MN
- Truck Accident Lawyers in St. Cloud, MN
- Wrongful Death Lawyer in St. Cloud