Related Verdicts & Settlements
Motorcycle Accident FAQs
- Call the police and report the collision to law enforcement.
- Exchange insurance and contact information with the other driver.
- Take photos of the scene and vehicle damage.
- If you develop any new symptoms, you should get medical care right away.
- If you suspect an injury or property damage will be estimated at $1,000 or more, you should fill out an accident report.
- Report the accident and your injuries to your insurance company immediately.
- It is wise to promptly contact a lawyer.
In Minnesota, adult motorcyclists are not required to wear a helmet. Motorcyclists under the age of 18 must wear a helmet.
By law, individuals are technically allowed to pursue a legal claim without representation by a lawyer. In practice however, this kind of self-help can be quite difficult, and most people are better off engaging the services of a lawyer.
Preserve Your Rights
Where you or a loved one has been injured in a motorcycle accident, it is important to act swiftly in order to preserve evidence and to ensure other key aspects of your case are not neglected. If you or one of your loved ones has a potential motorcycle accident claim, please call for a free consultation with one of our experienced personal injury attorneys.